Download the USB Data Preloading Guide HERE.
When Placing Your Order
Please be sure to know the size of your data, to be sure it will fit on the drive size that you purchase. The chart below will show you what the estimated usable capacity will be on the size of USB you choose:
- FLASH SIZE
- 1 GB
- 2 GB
- 4 GB
- 8 GB
- 16 GB
- 32 GB
- 64 GB
- USABLE CAPACITY(estimated)
- 0.94 GB
- 1.86 GB
- 3.79 GB
- 7.51 GB
- 15 GB
- 29.7 GB
- 59.53 GB
Also, decide what the volume label of your drive will be. The volume label will show as the label of your USB drive. You are allowed 11 characters, excluding the following: \ / : * ? “ < > |
Vanity Names are also available. This will allow your volume label to appear with 32 characters without limitations of characters. PLEASE NOTE: Vanity Names are PC-only.
Before You Submit Your Data
We prefer that all of your preloading content is collected prior to submission. Please be sure that your files are organized how you want them to appear on the drive. This includes file names, formats and folder structure. PLEASE NOTE: Any changes requested after submitting your preloading materials may result in multimedia development fees.
Here are some helpful tips to note when organizing and saving your content:
- The following characters are not recommended for names of files or folders: \ / : * ? “ < > |
- By operating system default, files are organized by folders then files; numbers then letters. Please consider placing a letter or number in front of your folder or file name if you require it to appear first within your file structure.
- PDF files are one of the most widely used formats. We recommend exporting or saving your documents as PDFs when possible. Unlike .doc or .docx documents, PDF files are not easily editable.
- Any PowerPoint Presentation files (.ppt or .pptx) are best saved as PowerPoint SlideShows (.pps or .ppsx). This can be easily done from within PowerPoint, and makes it easier for the end user to view your material.
- When saving video files, a higher compression rate that does not require high bandwidth is recommended. This will allow your video to be played from your drive without skipping.
- Any files that are expected to AutoLaunch will require our DataLock service. More information can be found HERE.